tis.RO is the brand of New Compass Services SRL, a TSP/LSP (Translation/Language Service Provider) based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. But we think of ourselves as more than a mere “service provider”. We think we are a bridge-builder. A path finder. A solutions creator. A compass needle.
We meet the demanding needs of a complex portfolio of customers – both direct clients and other LSPs, small and medium enterprises, NGOs, Romanian and foreign governmental agencies.
We strive to bring value not just to our customers, but also to our co-workers and our peers, as we strongly believe that a better, healthier market will benefit all of its stakeholders. We aim to enable our outsourced translators and revisers to become better professionals (by providing them with training opportunities, feedback and troubleshooting). In doing so, we serve them, ourselves and our clients.
To provide excellence in language solutions for Romanian, using workflows and procedures typical of larger organizations, while maintaining the flexibility and agility expected of a small company.
- 2003company incorporation in Constanța, Romania, to offer integrated language services (translation and localization, interpreting, revision, language training)
we joined ELIA (European Language Industry Association)
we started acquiring our first international clients
- 2008business model shift: from covering most of the tasks in-house to outsourcing most of the translation work and focusing on project management and revision
- 2009we became a member of AFIT (the Romanian Association of Translation and Interpreting Companies)
we started using Plunet Business Manager for translation project management
we redefined our core business and ceased to offer language training
we joined Eulogia, a European alliance of premium translation companies
we turned to memoQ as our main CAT tool; server version purchased
- 2016we moved our core business to Cluj-Napoca
- 2018we moved our core business to Bucharest